Saturday, November 7, 2009

blog # 31 Theme eating behavior:prevent binge eating for thanksgiving and the holidays

Thanksgiving is around the corner and most of us dont have just one thanksgiving dinner but
3 or 4 and theres always leftovers too!

I have heard from numerous people that "I will just starve myself a few days before thanksgiving or after," but that is BAD NEWS!

Whats my advise? PREVENT BINGE EATING !

what is binge eating actually?
eating, in a discrete period of time, an amount of food that is definitely larger than most people would eat during a similar period of time. Depression and anxiety over the holidays can exacerbate this behavior.

binge eating disorder (BED)
A disorder characterized by the occurance of binge eating episodes at least twice a week for a 6-month period.

how do you stop/control this?:
space out your meals (every three hours)
portion control
exercise
destress
avoid temptations
eat breakfast!!!
talk to someone...get some help

When presented with a large amount of food pace yourself and stop when you are full. Read more about bing eating

2 comments:

Extremely Average In AZ said...

I really like that you chose the trashiest dining room table-thanksgiving picture you could find. I bet nobody is at the table because they are outside drinking Boones Farm and chain smoking.

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Best regards