Monday, November 2, 2009

blog # 25 more about healthy snacks



Yesturday I ranted about my terrible airplane experience. I mentioned that I BMOS (brought my own snack) which helped me stay on track with my diet and feel good.

I dont just bring healthy snacks on an airplane, i bring snacks EVERYWHERE!

When I say snacks I am not refering to unhealhty processed foods like cheesy poofs:

good snacks to have on hand:

Nuts measure one serving or store in an altoid box which is a pre-set measurement (as pictured.) I like trader Joes pre-portioned nuts which come in single serving.)

Bars luna bars are pretty good, soy joy is ok

Protein bars (ready blog #12 myoplex is good because its low carb, higher protein) I also like pure protein

Dried fruit (not the bag! Bring a 4oz box or measure in a zip lock or tuperwear.)

Fresh fruit bring something that is simple and non-messy like a banana or apple. Grapefruit is messy.

Rice cakes (yum. Low calories/low or no fat)

Whole grain cereals (measure and add nuts or dried fruit for fun.)

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size
Amount Per Serving
Calories
35
Calories from Fat
2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
0.3g
0%
Saturated Fat
0.1g
0%
Polyunsaturated Fat
0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat
0.1g
Cholesterol
0mg
0%
Sodium
29mg
1%
Total Carbohydrates
7.3g
2%
Dietary Fiber
0.4g
2%
Sugars
0.1g
Protein
0.7g
Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%Iron 1%
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet


RICE CAKES BROWN PLAIN

No comments: